For me the skills of the Conscious and Intelligent process of Problem Solving are the most pwoerful and important a parent needs to learn. It is such an inspiring way to support children in solving challenges they are facing while I feel my needs are also being met.
Yep... that's right. I need for my needs ALSO to be met. And I also want my child's need to be met. This skill set is driven by the intent and commitment to find ways to meet all our needs.
length: 2 minutes
The intelligent problem solving process has several basic components which I teach step by step.
- The introduction, or context setting invitation.
- The 80-10-10 3 step opening sentences
- The listing or collating of the ideas without judging whether they are good or bad
- The review of the ideas
- The summary for implementation
- The permission intervention for consequence actions
- The check in agreement
- The base default understanding
But watch the video clip showing Zoe's big smile after being inspired by what is possible for her.